Monday, January 07, 2013

First post of 2013!

While I fill in those coffee breaks and lunch times with FB and Twitter posts, i havent posted to my blog yet this year so i thought Id start by reminding myself what an amazing year 2012 was for me and my family.

We had two graduations, our elder boys getting top grades in their BA and MA.
We had julies 50th and watch the Madrid Open in the sunshine in may.
We had the Olympics and paralympics and other sporting highlights with England at Wembley as well.
Reading festival was fantastic as ever the Foo's and all the other 100+ bands never dissappoint the best music crowd in britain.
Watching Louis sing with his school choir in venice.

BUT really interestingly......
I learnt all about the definition of extreme poverty and what we are going to do to irradicate it.
I also used skype for more than just my business, i got to know and help a couple of young people in Uganda and Pakistan and to hear first hand of their aspirations and challenges and to hear how fantastic these people are, how keen to develop their education and to work and to really understand how difficult it is to kick start things at their end compared to my end. I realised just how important it is to listen carefully and to think differently.

2013 is going to be another good year I can feel it, even with my elderly father in hospital this week.
I sense the minds of people, the application of technology and the hearts and minds of people and the internet will further the aim of making our world a better, more just and equitable one. I thank everyone locally and globally who helped make 2012 so interesting for me and I will do my little bit in return as I get busy again with work and family in 2013.

Highlights:
www.globalpovertyproject.com
www.livebelowtheline.com

http://butterflyproject.thecitizensmedia.com/

www.outofthedark.org.uk

www.readingfestival.com

http://www.london2012.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx02rYTk5J8 my 12yr old son ad'libing for a crowd!

and all my Facebook and twitter posts and photo's!

Good people, go cause some trouble today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home